- Emails: Zhuang-Yan.Zhang@mbi-berlin.de
- Linked in: www.linkedin.com/in/Zhuang-Yan
- ORCiD: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4897-8625
Hi, I am Zhuang-Yan (A.K.A .Zoey), an authentic Asian. I love adventures, new experiences and good food. 🙂
Through my studying, I was never sure what I would do in future. I believe most of the fields can be very exciting and interesting. One can always learn and gain self-development throughout the study. I was convinced that materials science is my interest until the first time I entered the optical lab (which appears to me much ‘cooler and better’). I was intrigued by various types of optics and how amazing it is that you can create so many things basically from ‘nothing’ but light. Therefore, I decided to pursue a doctoral degree in optical physics after my master study. It was not easy since I lack of background in physics. I guess it is also part of the fun and learning.
My work is mainly conducted experimentally. This requires pragmatic problem solving, good intuition and hands-on ability. Besides, the fundamental understanding of the theory is also very critical. A handful skill like programming is always an add-on when it comes to data analysis. Being an experimentalist is a Giga-mix of fun. I enjoy my project from all aspects.
I would like to see more people joining the circle and exploring what suits you the best. Always trying, this is my way.
Ph.D. Candidate | Oct 2020 – Present | Max-Born-Institute, Berlin
Dissertation: Soft x-ray spectroscopy of investigating charge transfer processes in push-pull
· Project: A1. Strong Field Processes at Extreme Wavelengths
· Project supervisor: Prof. Dr. M. Vrakking, Dr. A. Rouzee, Dr. Erik. T. J. Nibbering
M. Sc. | Sep. 2017 – Jul. 2020 | Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
· Major: Materials Science and Engineering
· Specialization: Materials in application and engineering
B. E. | Sep. 2012 – Jul. 2016 | Tian-Jin University, China
· Major: Functional Material